Next Homecoming: October 6-8, 2023
Join us and remember the defining moments of your past and reconnect with old friends. We look forward to seeing all of you once again at our annual alumni and friends reunion!
Especially invited are our honor classes:
- The class of 1963 is celebrating their 60th-year reunion.
- The class of 1973 is celebrating their 50th-year gold reunion and will lead out in the Saturday morning Sabbath worship service.
- The class of 1983 is celebrating their 40th-year reunion and will lead out in the Saturday evening vespers in the chapel.
- The class of 1998 is celebrating their 25th-year silver reunion and will lead out in Saturday morning Sabbath School.
- The class of 2013 is celebrating their 10th-year reunion and will lead out in Friday night vespers.
- All school of nursing alumni are also invited to a special reunion Sabbath afternoon.
Contact the alumni officers if you would like to nominate someone for “Alumni of the year” or if you would like to help plan the events for your honor class. Please help us invite alumni personally by sharing any addresses or contact information with us.
Previous Homecoming memories
- 2022 Program, Pictures, Livestream: Friday Vespers, Sabbath School, Worship Service, FA Music Concert.
- 2021 Program, Pictures, Livestream: Friday Vespers, Sabbath School, Worship Service, FA Music Concert.
- 2019 Program, Pictures, Livestream: Friday Vespers, Sabbath School, Worship Service, FA Music Concert, and Sat. Night Candlelight Vespers.
- 2018 Pictures, 2017 Pictures, 2016 Pictures.
Jeannie Bradley Larrabee ’88
John Neff ’90
Erin Syfert Teague ’96
Lisa Lugus Albertson ’86
Marie Smith Pirkle ’89
FA Development & Alumni Relations
School of Nursing Advisor
Karyn Maples Robinson FA ’63, SoN’66
A Message from the Alumni President
In 1954 my grandmother was searching for a school for her two daughters and young son. God had a plan. He guided her to Fletcher Academy. Here my family could gain valuable education and earn their way through their high school years and the school of nursing. They started a legacy. All my grandmother’s children graduated from Fletcher, all of her grandchildren, and now her great-grandchildren have graduated, and now she has a great-grandchild who just started Fletcher Academy with more great-grandchildren coming in the near future. Many of her family meet their spouses here, and several of her family members have worked and are currently working for Fletcher Academy.
This is my family. I know God had a plan. He had it all designed out long before I was even born. Fletcher is my home. Stories like this still continue today. Generations upon generations, come and send their children to Fletcher Academy. I meet families all the time who tell of how God lead them here. There are so many students with amazing stories of how they found their purpose. Students leave these halls to go into the world to serve. They have a meaningful mission for their lives. Finding a purpose for our lives is why we exist, without purpose we often suffer from the illusion of our own significance. God has a purpose for each of us. Finding this purpose brings ultimate joy.
I am grateful to serve as the Alumni President of Fletcher Academy. I know these doors opened in 1910 with a goal in mind, to graduate students with the highest standard of intellect and with firm moral culture. Graduates, teachers, administrators, parents, and current students, thank you for all your many hours of service and dedication. May we all continue the purpose of Fletcher Academy. May we all be found faithful when Jesus returns. What a grand reunion that will be. Set your mind on the end, the plan of eternally living in heaven together.
Fletcher Academy School Song
Lyrics to the School Song:
Down in the southern mountains
Where the French Broad flows,
In the hills of North Carolina
Where the Laurel grows;
Ther’s a school where lads and lassies
Come from far and near,
Ther’s a school of closest friendship
that we all hold dear.
School of the mountains,
School of standards high,
Ideals and courage
Faith and loyalty.
School of the mountains
School of standards high;
Fletcher Academy Fletcher, Our School!
Where Couch Mount reaches upward
to the starry blue,
With its trails of wondrous beauty
Winding through and through,
Where we work and play and study
Doing well our part,
There is warmth and joy and gladness
in each youthful heart.
At our White Oak Park in summer
There in games we drill,
And in winter we go coasting
Down potato hill;
In the hills of Carolina
Full of youth’s dear joys,
There you’ll always find a school of
happy girls and boys.
Future Homecoming Weekends
- October 4-6, 2024 with Honor Classes ending in 4 or 9. Notably: 1974, 1984, 1999, 2014.
- October 3-5, 2025 with Honor Classes ending in 0 or 5. Notably: 1975, 1985, 2000, 2015.
- October 2-4, 2026 with Honor Classes ending in 1 or 6. Notably: 1976, 1986, 2001, 2016.
- October 1-3, 2027 with Honor Classes ending in 2 or 7. Notably: 1977, 1987, 2002, 2017.
- October 6-8, 2028 with Honor Classes ending in 3 or 8. Notably: 1978, 1988, 2003, 2018.