Next Homecoming: October 7-9, 2022
Join us and remember the defining moments of your past and reconnect with old friends. We look forward to seeing all of you once again at our annual alumni and friends reunion!
Especially invited are our honor classes:
- The class of 1962 is celebrating their 60th year reunion.
- The class of 1972 is celebrating their 50th year gold reunion and will lead out in the Saturday morning Sabbath worship service.
- The class of 1982 is celebrating their 40th year reunion and will lead out in the Saturday evening vespers in the chapel.
- The class of 1997 is celebrating their 25th year silver reunion and will lead out in Saturday morning Sabbath School.
- The class of 2012 is celebrating their 10th year reunion and will lead out in Friday night vespers.
- All school of nursing alumni are also invited to a special reunion Sabbath afternoon.
Contact the alumni officers if you would like to nominate someone for “Alumni of the year” or if you would like to help plan the events for your honor class. Please help us invite alumni personally by sharing any addresses or contact information with us.
Previous Homecoming memories
- 2021 Program, Pictures, Livestream: Friday Vespers, Sabbath School, Worship Service, FA Music Concert.
- 2019 Program, Pictures, Livestream: Friday Vespers, Sabbath School, Worship Service, FA Music Concert, and Sat. Night Candlelight Vespers.
- 2018 Pictures, 2017 Pictures, 2016 Pictures.
Jeannie Bradley Larrabee ’88
John Neff ’90
Erin Syfert Teague ’96
Lisa Lugus Albertson ’86
Marie Smith Pirkle ’89
A Message from the Former Alumni President
Community. That is how I view the graduates of Fletcher Academy. We all have something in common, and although our experiences may vary, they all are all tied together with a common theme: our experiences all occurred at Fletcher. I am always eager when I have the opportunity to see how the education and life experience gained by students, while at Fletcher Academy, has assisted them in their endeavors since they graduated.
Alumni is one of the many titles that you bare and it is also a title that lends definition to your life in certain respects. The word itself is derived from the Latin verb alere, “to nourish,” and literally means “nourished ones.”
In a large sense, the education that you received at Fletcher shaped how you engage, interpret and act in the world around you. The life experiences that you underwent during your high school years contributed greatly to the development of your character, spurned you on to a greater level of independence and ultimately prepared you to deal with life’s twists and turns.
Let us fondly remember our times at Fletcher, and how it shaped us then, now, and in the future. As we do so, please remember Fletcher Academy in your planned giving, so that future generations can enjoy the Fletcher Academy experience. – Shawn Collins ’87
Fletcher Academy School Song
Lyrics to the School Song:
Down in the southern mountains
Where the French Broad flows,
In the hills of North Carolina
Where the Laurel grows;
Ther’s a school where lads and lassies
Come from far and near,
Ther’s a school of closest friendship
that we all hold dear.
School of the mountains,
School of standards high,
Ideals and courage
Faith and loyalty.
School of the mountains
School of standards high;
Fletcher Academy Fletcher, Our School!
Where Couch Mount reaches upward
to the starry blue,
With its trails of wondrous beauty
Winding through and through,
Where we work and play and study
Doing well our part,
There is warmth and joy and gladness
in each youthful heart.
At our White Oak Park in summer
There in games we drill,
And in winter we go coasting
Down potato hill;
In the hills of Carolina
Full of youth’s dear joys,
There you’ll always find a school of
happy girls and boys.
Future Homecoming Weekends
- October 6-8, 2023 with Honor Classes ending in 3 or 8. Notably: 1973, 1983, 1998, 2013.
- October 4-6, 2024 with Honor Classes ending in 4 or 9. Notably: 1974, 1984, 1999, 2014.
- October 3-5, 2025 with Honor Classes ending in 0 or 5. Notably: 1975, 1985, 2000, 2015.
- October 2-4, 2026 with Honor Classes ending in 1 or 6. Notably: 1976, 1986, 2001, 2016.
- October 1-3, 2027 with Honor Classes ending in 2 or 7. Notably: 1977, 1987, 2002, 2017.