Specific Volunteers Needed Now
- Referee during Intramural Games (Evenings 6:30pm to 7:30pm Sunday – Thursday)
- Tutoring Grades 9-12 Students
- Supervision in Library during lunch (11:45 am to 1pm Mon – Thursday)
- Help to run Live Stream, Audio/Visual during Programs
- FA Office – Help with Registration, Answer phone at certain times as students go on breaks, Filing, understands computers and scanning? Getting vaccine records into scans and uploaded. Approved chaperones, drivers for community Service days
Arboretum Volunteer This person would help us establish and develop our campus as an arboretum. The volunteer would work closely with the president to prepare and apply for level 1 accreditation through the Interactive Community of Arboreta (ArbNet). Helping write the arboretum plan and labeling and documenting at least 25+ trees would be important components of this role. Very flexible with hours.
Here is the arboretum accreditation application process: http://arbnet.org/resources/accreditation-resources.
FA Boys / Girls Clubs
- Evening Worships (Sun-Thurs)
- Tips for Humanity Workshops (how to tie a tie, change a tire, how to do laundry, etc..
- transporting student to off campus weekly martial arts class. (Boys Dorm)
Fletcher Academy Cafeteria
- Check Students in going through Lunch/Dinner Serving Lines.
- Help on Sabbaths 12pm to 1pm (August through May)
Plant Services / Grounds
- Masonry Repair
- Experienced Painter
- Assistant to help to Manage and keep up with Inventory
- Plant & Maintain Flower Beds (all supplies provided)
- Maintain Wooded Trails
- Maintain Soft Ball Field
Fletcher Academy Farm
“For the winter months I am looking for volunteers interested in helping us prepare for fruit tree and small fruit plantings. It’s also a great time to connect and let us know if you are interested in helping on the farm in any other way. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and let’s brainstorm ways to incorporate your specific interests and talents at the farm – there are so many ways to get involved that aren’t limited to just planting and weeding. I would be thrilled to have people who would be willing to share their knowledge/experience with the students. Perhaps you’d like to test recipes with our produce that could be included in our CSA baskets, or make decorative plant identification markers if you have an artistic bent. Maybe you’d like to oversee a project start-up, coordinate outreach donations, or be a recruiter for our volunteer program…these are a few ideas – but don’t be limited by them. We want to involve you in the ministry of Fletcher Academy Farm!”
Captain Gilmer Christian School
- Tutoring K-8 Students in Math & Reading
- Lunch Supervision (10:30am to 12:30pm Monday – Friday)
- Landscaping (Weed Flower beds, Watering plants, etc..)
- Dependable Substitute Teacher (PRN as needed)
- Individual to work with Agricultural Curriculum with the CGCS students
Fletcher Park Inn Retirement
- Sabbath Lunch – Help Serving & Clean up 11:30am to 3:00pm (Meal Provided)
- Sabbath at our front desk/dining room area to be lunch time hostess 11:30am to 1:30pm (Meal Provided)
- Help with occasional Special Events
LPC Fitness & Aquatics
- Assisting with Mini AcroKnigts – Thurs (3:15pm to 4:45pm)
- Front Desk Help – PRN/Flexible Schedule (Training Needed)
- Pool Watch – PRN/Flexible Schedule (11:00am to 2:45pm (Mon – Fri) & 1pm to 6pm (Sun)
- Disinfecting Equipment (1:00pm to 6:30pm (Mon – Thurs) – Length of time varies on efficiency of volunteer
- Set up & Tear down for Special Events – PRN/Flexible Schedule
We are looking for a few good men and women to volunteer where needed on campus. Are you needing a place to feel like your needed? We have a lot of areas for volunteers to help feel that way.
There many areas to volunteer, if you don’t see an opportunity where you would like to volunteer at on campus, Please contact our Pioneer Volunteer Coordinator to find out more or get more information on current opportunities!
Why become a Pioneer?
In the schools and ministries of Fletcher Academy, Pioneer volunteers serve alongside faculty/staff and students, as connections are made, relationships are built, and blessings are shared.
Our Pioneers volunteers are a vital part of our “community on a mission” and experience gratitude, connection, and caring as they serve in varied roles. We are thankful for our Pioneers who are using their talents and their time in support of the ministries of Fletcher Academy.
Pioneers are recognized frequently, invited to special volunteer appreciation events, receive special Pioneer apparel and badging, and are presented with new and changing opportunities to serve.
“Those who have led out as pioneers in establishing [Fletcher Academy] have been actuated by a spirit of philanthropy…does the reader feel impressed to answer this call?”– Sidney Brownsberger, past President, c. 1914
request a pioneer
Need a helping hand? E-mail email@example.com with a brief description of your need, and the Volunteer Coordinator will follow up with you promptly.
Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to share this page with others!FLETCHER VOLUNTEER NEWSLETTER ARCHIVES (50 Most Recent Newsletters)